BLOG   -   MY CREATIVE CV -   PUBLISHED -   WORKSHOPS -   TUTORIALS  


Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chunky ATC Swap

Today I want to share a fun project. I'm attending a chunky ATC swap with VivaLasVegaStamp. A chunky ATC have the size 2,5" x 3,5" x 1,5". I had to plan for this to go in the post to USA, so it couldn't be to heavy. Here is my solution, layers with cardboard glued together.

My husband used one of his electronic saw to cut them to the correct size.


As you can see I've made three, so I can send two for the swap and keep one myself. I painted them all with black acrylic paint. For the image I've used a steampunk stamp from VivaLasVegaStamp (One of my great finds when visiting Las Vegas) I stamped them on watercolor paper that was painted with yellow Ecoline from MMP . The black pattern below the stamp is strings with acrylic paint. One of the great techniques I've learned from Nathalie when taking her Acrylics Demystified class i NY recently.

I've added some gold leaf to the edges. 

Here you see all three of them out in the garden.
Thank you for looking 


2 comments:

  1. Look at the texture you've achieved - how fabulous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Linda this is so CREATIVE and COOL! I've never even heard of thick ATCs... these definitely are :) VLVS is going to love getting these!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!

Crew Member Wednesday - Treasure box

Hi, this is my November project for Crew Member Wednesday