BLOG   -   MY CREATIVE CV -   PUBLISHED -   WORKSHOPS -   TUTORIALS  


Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Go See Do

Hello and welcome!



I guess we can official say that the summer holiday is over, at least in this blog and for this lady. And what a fantastic summer it has been. The weather have been very good for indoors activities :-) so I have been attending a fantastic calligraphy and bookbinding class (think I might have to make a separate post from that) My son who is studying in England has been home for the months, but is now back in England to start on his second year at Falmouth university. We've been on two trips. Warszawa and Amsterdam. And yes there where some art related activities as inspiration and shopping. In my Instagram feed you will se lots of pictures from these trips and other inspiring things I've done this summer.

The first part of this year me and my husband have been busy with refurbishing and moving around in the house, but now we are settled in to the first floor, while he will be continuing working on the second and third floor later this year. Right now we are doing the garden. We have lots of work ahead of us, but it is an ongoing process that we both can live with. I'm full time working from my studio at home with paintings, designing and sewing. And all my free time I'm now using on scrapbooking, mixedmedia and art journals. Did I say I love my life :-)

Other happy things I would like to mention is my new DT job with Andrine og Marens landhandleri. I've been with the company before and I am trilled to be back and can't wait to get started.

As a warm up after the summer I've made this page, using my favourite photo from our trip to Warszawa. 7dots paper for the base and EP paper for the two stripes.

I've found the sketch I've used at Stuck?! sketches. I miss working with sketches like we did at the Skissedilla blog, so this was great fun. I like to use sketches as an inspiration, but do tend to stretch them a bit, while working on the page. For me that is what sketches a for, pure inspiration.

I found the isnpiration for the theme to my layout at Scrap around the world, their mood board is all about holiday and calm earth colours. Thank you for looking and have a fun and creative week.




13 comments:

  1. What a great page - love the crazy photo! And how good to get an update on what you've been doing... Sounds just perfect. If you get an opportunity to go to Falmouth it really is a pretty town. Its very quiet but a great base for trips out and about and it is pretty 'foodie' too with plenty of great places to eat. Sadly, it took us 8 1/2 hours to drive home so it isn't somewhere we can get to easily but I do hope to go back at some point as I loved it there, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dotty Jo and yes it is a long way to travel. When we visited last time we used 6 hours to reach London Heathrow.

      Delete
  2. What a fun page. I like the picture :o).
    Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for great inspiration in the sketch

      Delete
  3. Fantastisk leken side Linda! Digg! Og herlig bilde!
    Gratulerer så mye med jobben som DT for AnMa igjen, du er perfekt for det teamet!!
    Tusen takk for at du er med på utfordringen hos Scrap Around The World! (ps...last opp bildet ditt på veggen til SATW og ikke bare linken, da er du med i fb-trekningen også )
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk Marianne. og takk for tips. Litt usikker på hvordan de ville ha det, men nå vet jeg ;-)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous page, love the colours and layers and the super fun photo! Thanks for joining us Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for great feedback and great inspiration

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic layout!! I love the earthy tones and the great photo!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page! It's fun! Love the photo and th great composition! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy and full of fun and happiness :) Thank You for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and unique page!! Thanks for joining us at SATW this month

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout and I have read your blog post with real pleasure :) I hope you enjoyed your trip to Warsaw :) Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!

Crew Member Wednesday - Treasure box

Hi, this is my November project for Crew Member Wednesday